Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Somehow I am in school in Barbados...

So here goes the next travel portion of my life - the Caribbean. Somehow George Mason allows us to come to Barbados and actually take classes, like real 3 credit classes, while in paradise. We are at the University of the West Indies at Cave Hill staying in the dorms on campus and starting class/seminar here at the end of the week. I am currently sitting in the common room of the dorm (third floor) looking out over the cricket oval and watching Barbados and Trinidad and Tobago play a cricket match under the lights in a beautiful stadium. Now I do need to actually learn all the rules of cricket, but I plan on these relaxing viewing evenings to better my knowledge. We did try out the water already today. It's about a 15 minute walk down to the beach and the water was beautiful and warm - didn't really expect anything else.

After the next two and a half weeks here in Barbados, I will head to St. Lucia for the rest of the semester to work with a youth sport for development organization there and also do research for my Masters project. I know, tough life huh?!

1 comment:

Christian Aviza said...

Best of luck Kelsey. Wear sunscreen.