Tuesday, March 3, 2009

March

I have been in Kenya for a little more than 5 months... how did that happen?!? Work is going well. Still 7 days a week about 9 or 10 hours a day. We are in the middle of kicking off all the leagues, organizing coaches and referees trainings and securing corporate sponsorship. Basically, tons of stuff to do and not enough time.

The HOVIC football team that I am supporting is doing so well. They are training almost every day and as of now, I think none of them are using glue which is SO EXCITING! HOVIC just opened a night shelter for some of the street boys so some of the players will be able to stay there overnight, instead of on the streets.

It's hot here every day. Usually around 90. The rains will start in April so more dust for the next month. I had Chinese food for lunch today, I'm using internet in my house and watching college basketball on ESPN. For all of you who thought African all lived in huts in the middle of nowhere... that is not so true haha.

P.S. I finally posted a few pictures online. Enjoy!

http://community.webshots.com/user/kelmo17

No comments: